Monday 21 March 2011

new crockery

To further add to the joke that ralph and I are in a 70's sufficiency time warp we have a new dinner service.



It also seems that I picked out the most 70's looking fabric from the ikea sale to make a tablecloth with. It's a bit snazzy. Clashing.

The crockery is hornsea heirloom pattern in brown, as opposed to green or blue. I think I most like the bronte pattern, and the saffron is most like the question. It seems hornsea pottery is a thing to get sucked into on ebay, spotting all the different patterns, seeing the special pieces. Hours spent engrossed in coffee pots and spice jars. All because I wanted a big pot to make sauerkraut in.

Anyway, if anyone's parents have a load of this that they would like to donate, I'm going to try and build a whole mismatched dinner service of all the patterns. Living the dream.

3 comments:

  1. Dadibhais (Bradford) Ltd has been established for over 30 years.We are importers, exporters and wholesale distributors of Catering Equipment, Glassware, Cutlery, Utensils, Cookware, Cleaning Products, Crockery, Tableware, Chef Clothing. We stock all the major brands as well as sourcing and importing our own high quality goods from across the world giving our customers a wide variety of choice and making Dadibhais (Bradford) Ltd the perfect place to find that unique product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hello there crockery, lovely to meet you on here, thank you so much for making an insightful comment on my wonderful hornsea set!

    Pardon my sarcasm. How rude to just put in your little blurb without even saying hi. Maybe if you'd like me to actually comment on your business, do a review of your products or service you could send me something you think I'd like and then I could actually write about you?

    Maybe a nice set of iron round karahis? Or some cast iron casserole pots? I also like baking you know.

    Anyway, I'd suggest that no one else goes and looks up these guys until they either show some politeness and actually say hello, better still send me some equipment to try out so I can give them an honest review. Bah to spam advertising!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah ha ha ha, two new comments, with links, from the company above and as yet no mention of products to test.

    Those two have been marked as spams.

    Send me a pot eh cooking supply shop?

    ReplyDelete