Tuesday 11 October 2011

summer is finished, knitting etc is go

It seems that there is nothing to say over the summer, not that really interesting things weren't done just that I have had no will to compile them. They have been small, bitty and it feels like the time was elsewhere.

So now summer is gone it can start up again. I'll probably do a recap of some things as I find the pictures.

I have been knitting sock again. This time with organic british breeds wool, seems bad to be getting any other kind of wool now. The wool is from a specific breed of sheep and it is the natural colour. I won't mention more about that yet. The wool is from garthenor organic pure wool and is brilliant, they have a big selection and I feel good prices, not cheap but I believe it is wool how it should be. Their service was great, very quick.

I'm trying to follow a pattern/instructions this time, rather than the basic step by step instructions that I used before. The pattern is from blacker yarns, they also have nice yarn in sheep colours. I'm making the welly boot socks, with a ribbed cuff and then a straight loose bit to the foot, slouchy.


So far, I'm at the start of the heel, just adding in an extra strand of red yarn to reinforce the heel, red I had already.

I've done alright following the pattern, I think, although I think I might knit backwards, somehow. Had to turn it inside out to get it this way for knitting the heel.

I also got some new needles, the cuff needed a smaller size. I managed to find a bone set but they had to come from america. I also got a tatting shuttle which I have, as yet, no idea how to use. From w m booth draper, with lots more nice things. I didn't manage to find anyone in the uk that had bone needles. The postage looked to be quite high but they refunded some as the true cost came up less, nice of them I thought.


Onwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment