Monday 16 August 2010

t o a s t

It seems the guardian fashion statement email blog beat me to talking about toast. I was on holiday.

Before I went away I did my half yearly toast sale shop. I wrote before how I didn't like much of the summer stuff. There was a dress in the archive sale that I didn't recognise as having seen before but I was too slow.

I did get a chambray tunic, I have been looking for one for a while so I don't know why I was surprised to find one at toast, I think I just blocked out the summer catalogue. It is very nice, I'm angling to wear it every day. It's really wide but it suits it. I was a bit torn when it first arrived as the little tab at the bottom of the buttons has been repositioned and you can see the stitch marks where it had been, how dare they send me a faulty good. Actually though this is a good thing, it shows that actually mistakes can be rectified and that someone took the time to unpick and restitch. Something wasn't wasted. I wear it with one side of the collar turned in as straight high necklines without collars look a bit funny on me.


Also, I got the blue/black/white stripe espadrilles and the yellow suede babouche slippers. The slippers look a little like they are made from a chamois leather but I like them none the less. They did definitely look a brighter yellow in the photo.

New toast catalogue was waiting for me when I got home from holiday. I'm more inclined towards winter clothes so much happier with this. The styling in this catalogue is much more nicer than summer and there is one lady in particular in there who is so lovely I'm going to be practising my hair and makeup, like a teenager, just to try and look like her. I looked through again today and I'm not sure that there is too much I'd like to get yet but there may be more to come. There are a few bits though...






particularly like the batwing on the sweater, although I've been out of the habit of wearing jumpers. The cardigan is long. The grey tunic is corduroy and the printed one is wool. I like the print and the cuff detail on the dark shirt. The blue print one, I can't quite decide, the colour is beautiful as is the shape but the print from a distance is a little bit mumsy. I would really like these shoes, maybe I could grow up and they could replace my red patent ones with a bow as they are pretty much the same shape, just womanly.

There are also several harem trousers and churidar but I'm not sure about them. They are either black or fabric I'm not keen on, I have an aversion to viscose that I can't properly explain, it seems unearthly maybe?


Fingers crossed for more great stuff to come as there is a mostly fantastic colour pallet this time, a little edgy and off in a good way, more so in the knits. I do like the green 3 layer scarf a lot.


Also, the exciting glimps that there is going to be man toast. I'm looking forward to this, I think of ralph as a toast man. It could go either way and be absolutely great or rather bad. If it's good I hope that ralph will never need another clothing supplier ever. And I can look through the catalogue at the lovely photos of men in the wilderness carrying logs.

No comments:

Post a Comment