Tuesday 17 August 2010

cat pillar


Ralph found this guy outside our front door so I whipped it up into a jar like the mean woman I am. Only until I could take a photo you understand. The photo doesn't show his exciting blue tail horn. He was only pretending to be dead but it's nice for him to show us his belly and armsies, look, holding onto a bit of soil. It was hard to find out what he is but I think he's a lime hawk moth, mimas tiliae. I put him back in the garden and although we have no lime tree he might be happy eating my tiny oak. I'm hoping though as his colour is quite grey he'll be heading off to pupate before he is too much of a chuggy.


This is what he should turn into...


Whilst I was out with my camera, here is a photo of one of the frogs that live in our barrel, it's gotten really big. Or it's a different one.

No comments:

Post a Comment