Friday 17 September 2010

mean mean woman

It has taken me ages to get to writing this but maybe with some distance it's even better to reflect on.

Checking the date on the article it is from a month ago. I'm not entirely sure why the delay but I have been busy doing something.


This is the nasty lady that put the lovely friendly cat in the bin. Apparently she is sorry.

As journalists confronted her on the streets, she released a statement to the press. It said:

"I want to take this opportunity to apologise profusely for the upset and distress that my actions have caused. I cannot explain why I did this, it is completely out of character and I certainly did not intend to cause any distress to Lola or her owners. It was a split second of misjudgement that has got completely out of control.

I am due to meet with the RSPCA and police to discuss this matter further and will co-operate fully with their investigations.

I wish to reiterate that I am profoundly sorry for my actions and wish to resolve this matter to everyone's satisfaction as soon as possible."

I do not believe her one bit, I think she is only sorry because she was caught and people want to kill her. I think she is fundamentally mean. I hope the RSPCA prosecute her so she has to actually take some proper responsibility, but I couldn't see anything about it on thier website. Putting a friendly guy in a bin and shutting the lid and leaving it there is not a 'mistake'. Stepping on a snail in the rain is a mistake. This is mean minded and considered, she gave it a little stroke first. If you don't like cats you should ignore them.

I love cats and I love to speak to cats out in the street and I am always happy when it is a friendly one with a ehhhhhe and happy to have a stroke on the head. We have a lovely stray cat that lives in our street, he is so friendly and loves to get some strokes and I feel sad he can't come in (our guys are inside cats and he'd need to be able to go out). We are going to make a kigloo for him to sleep in when it starts getting cold.

Anyway, distracted by lovely cats. This woman is a good example of the undercurrent of meaness that I see around and about. People seem not to care because little mean and nasty things happen all the time and it's not often challenged. I hope this woman is really sorry and that she stops being like this, I doubt it though. Now people have forgotten all about it she probably wont bother. Did I write about how I ran out of sainsburys with a snail I found on some lettuce in the reduced non-fridge shelf because all I could see was someone either squashing it or just throwing it in a bin? People have no care and are disrespectful, particularly with nature, but with everything. I saw a man on Lea Bridge Rd parking a van and a carrier bag had gotten stuck on his numberplate. I though "oh no, he might not notice and he might get into trouble!". But he saw it, and took it off, an threw it on the floor and walked off. What an asshole, what does he think will happen to the bag, what maybe it'll get stuck on someone else's car numberplate? Mean. Or maybe this is not meaness but some other shit thing. Hmm, not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment