Tuesday 21 September 2010

take it

takeoutwithout

This is a good campaign, one step on from remembering to take your shopping bag with you. I think what is needed is some kind of collapsible, foldable, flexible box that you can carry and ask them to fill up. In my mind I worry about getting soggy fish and chips as newspaper is pretty good at doing the job for that and maybe that is ok, if only they used actual old newspapers still.


I was thinking a bit about how maybe a folding, leakproof container could be made from something like oilcloth. I found this which is nice...


But I had been wondering if having this kind of oilcloth, which is fabric coated with plastic, pvc I think, is very good, I suppose no different to using a plastic box as it is used for a long time. But this is essentially not so good. I looked up how real oilcloth is made, with cloth covered in linseed oil. I'm going to have a go with this. Here are some instructions...

real-oilcloth-and-how-to-make-it

No comments:

Post a Comment