Friday 3 December 2010

nef talk

We went to a talk. surviving-and-thriving-in-the-great-transition
Paper work here.

I'm very bad at getting around to writing about these things, it's been too long and I have forgotten what I wanted to say about it. I must write more notes in future.


I think that in general it was mostly some sensible talk. I was very impressed with caroline lucas. Vivienne westwood is a mad biddy, not very eloquent but it seemed that she was the only one that didn't happily profess to optimism that all will be well, this was good to see as nothing much appears to be happening in the wider world to feel is enough.

Rosie boycott spoke well however I do not buy the children-growing-food-on-estates-will-do-good suggestion. It's hard for me to pin down as obviously people being interested in plants and getting stuck in growing them and learning about food is a good thing. There is something about this type of project that sets me on edge. They are lovely little self contained projects and I feel that they are a distraction (I am waiting for ralphs post on the horror of the countryfile charity money paying for children to garden in the school playground). They are fluff, as most projects are. I think that they distract from the wider messages and they act as a full stop.

Right, we are done, our project is over, it was great, look at our lovely photos.

I did however leave feeling that I can do more. That I can do good work and that I must not ignore the things that I learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment