Tuesday 23 November 2010

produce

I am yet to declare some things I made a little while ago. Here goes.

With inspiration from this post at the angry chicken blog, I made some deodorant. In this cold weather it's too firm to scoop lovingly from the pot, I have gone at it with a pokey tool and roughed it up into small chunks. So far it seems that it works very well to curtail the armpit stink. It does not keep you dry but it feels much more healthy for it. I think I'll be able to improve it for the next time.


I have made some cream, too much cream. It's supposed to be a legs and bum cream with ivy to work on the nasty cellulite. However I made a mistake with the oils and it ended up being made with the comfrey oil. So good for broken bones and tendons? And look how much I made. Oh dear. It also meant that I did not have the comfrey for the climbing balm for ralph and the others. It's a nice cream, thick, but smells a little odd, as all of them have seemed to. I have a big jar that I use and a small one that might be a christmas present, if it seems that anyone might want it.



Ralph was ill with man flu so I snapped into herbwifey mode and made some bits to help him get better. Rosehip syrup and sage honey, there is some stinky garlic-eucalyptus chest rub balm stuff too. Maybe I forgot to take a photo of that.




Cats take advantage of ralph's illness and sickly warmth, animal push over.

No comments:

Post a Comment