Saturday 13 November 2010

s-neer up

Or snuggle-cheer up.

I've not had the will to post for a while, it may be more that I have not been inspired to post. I'm not very good at self-inspiration and I tend to wallow when I'm wearing a frown. I do have a stack of things to post on so the catch up starts here.

I was thinking that the blog was lacking some nice things, mostly because I've been trying not to do shopping, I'm not really on the look out for anything in particular so none of the web trawl finds to share. I was thinking about what might cheer this up, toast sprang to mind. The christmas catalogue came today and I do love their winter things. I love velvet and metallic leather.




I have been looking around at big cardigans, I wear big cardigans alot. Being that big cable knit wonders are "on trend" there are woollies everywhere. Mostly though they have been nowhere near a sheep, goat or alpaca, and all come from the acrylic tree. Makes me cringe. Even some of toast's lovely cardis are mixes. From what I understand a bit of man made fiber can help keep the shape or make things wear tougher, but really I don't think it's necessary. Plenty are real wool so, as I can, see all can be. I think maybe in socks it's ok as they do get worked hard, but that is as far as I'll comprimise.

Purple and sparkly, now my hair is red I'm going to aim for this look and get me some gold strings to go with my purple...


Patterned and with pockets, although this is a mix, which is a shame as it is very lovely...


I get lots of catalogues in the post these days, not on purpose, they just arrive. Wrap has some nice things in cotton-wool mixes.

Cardigan with buttons...
Cardigan coat...
Cardigan with big sleeves...
Tunic with some frogging...

Right, I'm going to think cosy thoughts to will myself into productiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment