Sunday 21 March 2010

next, moisture hunt


Lovely neal's yard palmarosa. Although I'm not sure that plant at the side there is palmarosa, seeing as palmarosa is a plant like lemon grass.

I embarked on the expedition to find a moisturiser that is good. I have used one from boots for ages and it's been ok, I was happy, all was well. I had a sample of neal's yard palmarosa and it did things, it fixed my skin and made it nicer. But no, it's not to be, it hates the concealer, it will not tolerate it. So now the hunt is on, for a moisturiser that is useful and doesn't have odd things in and is made from exciting wild ingredients. Or I'll have to give in and get a new bottle of the boring boots for my face and a beautiful jar of palmarosa for my forehead. Ridiculous.

Here are the samples I managed to get...


So far, aubrey organics blue green algae made my face go weird. So I have stopped testing it. Dr wendy is nice but didn't clear up the mess made by algae, smells good. A day off and dr hauschka fixed my forehead and now today I got to try the pai. It's not in the picture above because I have been waiting for it to arrive, it took quite a while. It's good though...and the most expensive in my test so far. Whoops. But I'll see how it goes over the next week or so. I really want to have to get it, but know I shouldn't.


The frustrating thing about this one is that the ingredients list is super simple to the point where I could buy all the bits and make it myself. I'd have to get some help maybe and try a few formulations, as they say, but I'm sure it's not beyond me. Maybe? Hmmm.

Anyone who would like to send me samples is more than welcome... please? I'll write about them and buy a big bottle if it's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment