Wednesday 3 March 2010

keep busy keep warm

Well, it is a good theory.

I am very chilly.

Our boiler made a huff and dribbled and is broken. Apparently a valve has to be ordered. In the mean time it is cold in our house.

So I'm trying to do things.

I finally ordered the machine of myth...


I was quite efficient and didn't spend weeks hunting for a place to get it. Good price from casawares. I was a bit sad not to be getting it from john lewis but it was £20 more expensive, and it seems they don't do price matching on internet shops. The man was so helpful I did want to let him do the sale and get the commission. I think he said he's only there on either a wednesday or thursday but if you'd like to chat to a lovely magimix rep go and see him at john lewis on oxford street. He explained all about the coffee machines too.

In the nice weather yesterday I did the majority of the gardening. It was warmer outside than in the house. When I moved I brought a very full balcony worth of planters full of garden and they needed to get put in our bare garden. Here is the old garden and our new garden.

 



Bleak.
The birds have finally realised that our garden has food. Lots of other beasts too including the ones with no manners that pooped in a pot next to a hyacinth.


Wilkos had some helleborus niger for £1.50, but I haven't got around to planting them yet. I love hellebores very much, particularly the pink/red/mauve ones. Will see how these go and then maybe get some more special ones.


It is very exciting to be in spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment