Thursday 27 May 2010

I'm sorry I swooned

Looking back at my last post I feel it didn't really come across in the way I had hoped. Sorry about that.

I had meant to pose a discussion on how there are some characters in film and tv that really do embody a morality that is quietly powerful. I realise that they have been created this way but to a certain extent it seems that these qualities are, not so much accidental, but almost slipped in under the radar. These people really are exemplary humans but it's not obvious that they are meant to be this way.

I like to think that it is me, in my hyper-awareness, noticing their qualities.

I obviously don't mean that they are all good and lovely but that their morality is somewhat unshakeable. This is what I like. That they have taken responsibility for the way they live.

I was trying to think of some more examples, preferably people not in 24 as I'd like to put bill buchannan in here too. It's been a while since I watched deadwood so I can't quite remember if seth bullock really fits the bill. This picture is nice though, so I guess this could be the gratuitous ooogling.


I did not want to sound like a swoony girl, so apologies for that. This is a serious matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment