Monday 10 May 2010

why all the shopping

I have been trying to rationalise all my posts on clothes and rugs and shoes and kitchenware. I'm not really a shopaholic, I haven't been into town for ages and I don't really like the traipsing around. I find it saddening to see so much rubbish in the shops, to be around so many horrible people and to end up feeling like you have to buy something in order for the time not to have been wasted. It is not nice to come home with nothing. As far as I can remember, it was such a long time ago that I used to do all that.

I do like buying things on the internet. Looking at inter-shops. Posting pictures of things I'd like on here.

What is it all about? I was thinking it is about describing a set of products that are the right products. If I am to have boots, what are the best boots, these are the best boots, they should be the boots that everybody has, no other boots are necessary in the world. I'd live in a dictatorship where I have decided which are the correct things. There are reasons why things are good and as far as I can see they are rational. They are ideal.

I do not really know what this means. I think I'd dislike if all the plebby folk had my boots so is it just for me?

All the wrong options parading as choice make me cross. There should just be good things that are able to be found. I think about traditional textiles and how in a village in the olden days there would be a way of weaving wool from sheep and whatnot to make warm blankets. Everyone's blankets would be somewhat samey. But maybe I like the brown wool and you like the grey wool. But both our blankets would be great and cosy and warm and with worth.

I found an inter-shop I like, whilst looking for jars. manufactum. It has lots of good things, things that will last and work properly. This pencil sharpener is £12.50 and has setting for how sharp you would like your pencil to be. This is fantastic. This should be the only pencil sharpener in the world, apart from maybe one with a hand crank for when you have to batch sharpen.

No comments:

Post a Comment