Monday 10 May 2010

selfish again

So there was a talk at rsa from sue gerhardt about her selfish society book. I think I have to listen to it again, maybe I wasn't concentrating properly. I really don't think, from what she says, it goes far enough. I am yet to read the book so I'm not commenting on it properly, however the discussion seem to be about an elsewhere, not us in the room. Hmm.

She did however mention in passing the new economics foundation and in particular something about a 21 hour working week. There is a report on how adopting this as a way for us all to work could be good. My summery probably wont make it on to the cover, no.


I think I'll have to print it out to be able to read it so not looked at it properly yet. But yes, 21 or about that, I work 17.5 but it's 3 days, is what I think we should all be doing.

I like that nef says it is a 'think and do tank'.

No comments:

Post a Comment