Thursday 5 May 2011

crackers

Finally I've conquered one of the last processed food mountain. The dilemma at the supermarket will be no more. We have struck crackers in the kitchen.



I've very nearly eaten them all now. Wow, I made crackers. They are quite firm but not so much it hurts your teeth, a bit curvy so they snap if you butter them but I'm happy to know I will now never be without a cracker. Unless we run out of flour.

I used this recipe from 101 cookbooks but added some sesame and poppy seeds in honour of the sainsbury's ones I shall no longer be buying. Mine are thicker I think than the originals but I did plan that. I see now an oatmeal (is that just porridge in english?) cracker recipe that is next on the list. To be fair oatmeal cracker sounds nicer than porridge cracker.

I was just looking at mightyfoods following mention of the midnight hummus. Looks to be some nice food one there. I do love hummus.

No comments:

Post a Comment