Tuesday 3 May 2011

salwars done

I've made the salwars. It took me a while to get around to it, silly really as they were pretty easy to put together. I think they might need ironing now I've washed them.


I'm pleased with my big pleats, more at the back than the front, but went a little bit funny working theses out...now if I know how big I want the waist to be and it is now this big.....I put little buttons on the ankle cuffs, it's possible I'm too fond of buttoned cuffs.


The pattern worked out well, I think they are a bit too full but not in an unwearable way. Also they fall a little stiffly due to the volume of fabric and look a little bunch at the back but wearing and washing might relax this. I'll be using a lighter fabric or making the legs less full next time I think. Fabric is organic cotton from here, aubergine crossweave.

Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment