Thursday 3 November 2011

building the divide

We have a plan to avoid the plot aggravation with our neighbour. I previously talked about our newly designated 'shared' path which meant our plot got 2 feet smaller and my newly instigated flower edge was in the way and therefore ripe for early removal by our neighbour. As soon as the flowers had finished, but before the seeds had set, the plants were pulled and thrown into our plot. Rude. If you are going to pull something you can at least put it on your compost heap. Rude, particularly if they are not your plants. I really wanted to save seeds so I wont have as much borage as I had hoped for next year. I got the poppies in time though. The shared path was not going to be shared, it would have been down to us to weed or trim, basically it's a bit of our plot that our neighbour can walk along.

I really like to know what is my responsibility and not have others messing with that. So we have put up a defensive wall. Well a permanent row of bean poles that will have climbing things on it. Firstly a big long row of beans for drying, like the old west indian guys do. I figure if they grow well dried beans are a thing you can't have too many of.




Also our new fence will mean that our neighbour won't be able to vocally intrude so easily, it hopefully will reinforce that our plot is ours and not half of a larger plot that she'd like to take over.

We got to use up all the carpet that we have found on the path. We didn't really know how to dispose of this so it's good to have found a use. We have put in breaks, gates, in the fence to we can get to the other side, the shared side, for harvesting. The fence adds some good height on that side and really does make our plot cosier and more private. Lovely.

I had been leaving this allium flower up to dray and hopefully self seed, I love alliiums.


I pulled it to make way for the potato plot for next year. It wasn't an onion as I had expected, giant garlic.



No comments:

Post a Comment