Tuesday 22 November 2011

quilt one

I've made a quilt. I'm so proud. I keep asking ralph if he likes my quilt. I fold it up carfully so the furry buggers can't claim it. I made a quilt I say! Here is ralph decidedly uninterested in my quilt, and adne cat not complaining whilst she got a bit covered up. And a photo to show the working conditions with adne, wu and DOGLAS sleeping at the back of the work table.


Here are the actual pictures of the quilt. Made with half a roll of moda strips, I cant remember which collection, using the more sober colours, saving the pinky ones for other things (maybe you can see in the cat shot). And some random plumy fabric from the cupboard that I think is a poly-cotton mix, it's quite silky but not really unpleasant, good to get it used up. Pattern was done with the help of this, mine is not as big, or as 'weeny. I was worried it wouldn't all match up but it's not bad and only rumpled a bit as I layered and sewed it up.







No comments:

Post a Comment