Sunday 20 December 2009

an octopus wiener may be cute but it’s not really healthy

I did think this before but have again decided that I should do bentos for dinner. As much as I'd like to be a caveman like Ralph I don't get on with all nuts and dried fruit. It makes me sad.

So I made a bento for my dinner today with leftovers from last night's tea. It got jumbled up because there was only giant tupperwares left. So I need to get a bento box.

So I have been looking.

I have found the site which I think I will use as my manual. Its so good. It has quite a shocking amount of information and recipes. Fantastic.

www.justbento.com





This is one of the examples/recipes that I particularly like. I like the "Sweet Potato and Carrot Oyaki filled with ham and cheese" shaped into pigs and fried, great! About the "franks" I am not sure. Maki, who makes this site, writes so nicely about the whole process with a nice humour too. And it's all very sensible unlike some of the silly extreme bento sites I saw before, like something that could actually be done daily by a normal person.



I thought that maybe I'd have a nice picture heavy on wood and earthy food but I haven't quite figured out how bento can be frontier. I suppose when I really start doing my food this way that will happen on it's own. I'm going to look for a frontier bento box though.


Possibly like this....



at bento&co









Arrrgh, this is it. designshop.jp-stores.com

magewappa



This is very frontier, shaped grainy wood. Wikipedia says this "Only Akita cedars over one hundred years old, which have survived the very severe weather conditions of northern Japan, can be bent in the manufacturing process". Wonderful.

I cant figure out the english site version yet, I can only see the bento boxes in japanese, but from the quick look I did have there is some nice things here.


 
However my converter says it is £292.31.


'An extremely fine piece of craftsmanship, which can be used forever'



No comments:

Post a Comment