Thursday 21 January 2010

japan clothes

I got a kimono for christmas from ralph. It came in the post recently.
He got the lovely packaging.
It was all wrapped up in a nice paper case and had a little note and an origami crane too.

I dont really have anywhere nice to take a photo of it but her is an attempt when I tried it on the other day.


Here is the picture from ebay...



I haven't worked out how I'm going to wear it. Maybe it's for when it's warmer too as I'm pretty bulky with the woollies underneath.

In looking up how you put the kimono on I found some other things.
I like the hakama that is like a skirt or wide trousers I think. I like the structure.
The miko shrine maidens wear them and look very nice. These pictures are from flickr.





Here is a lady archer...


I looked trough lots of pages of google images to find some pictures but couldn't see many I liked the look of. Sorry about that.

I found a crazy big online marketplace, rakuten, for japanese things. I really want these corduroy tabi socks. They come in lots of spot on colours. Corduroy.


Look at the lovely sock lady!


This shop has literally too much to look at. I also can't quite work out how they do the shipping to england. I spent an evening looking through the tabi and went all funny and had to go to bed with sore eyes.

Ok, I just found a nice hakama on that shop but no picture of it being worn.


Here we go, Although I think I'd like to wear the skirt lower.


No comments:

Post a Comment