Wednesday 6 January 2010

knitted cardi = global nomad

I saw the term 'global nomad' on a fashion website as a heading for one of those collage-y pages on 'trends'. I liked this and was interested and I like the things on that page but when I looked a bit more I couldn't find anything much that wasn't whack. I think it's one of those terms that gets applied to people that wear kaftans and gladiator sandals.

I thought though, again, that I'd like a more global nomadic edge to my wardrobe. I looked a bit for some bedouin/arabic things but couldn't really find anything other than cheap looking novelties.

Oh, for a woolly winter hooded djellaba, in some kind of fine stripe.

Obviously I had a bit of a look at kenzo and did a big huff.




I really like long knitted cardigans, I have a very good one from gap last year. I got some in this year's gap sale too but they are not quite as good as my old one, a little bit less sophisticated. My old one is a lovely grey with a slight marl with a wide shawl collar. It is knitted with a waffley knit and has one low button. It looks a little japanese with wide sleeves and the collar. I would like a knitted dress. I would really like gold velvet trousers, if that is what they are.

Also, I would like these, they are a bit like the kenzo things in the last two pictures. They are from asos.



 I found a few other bits and pieces that I like too. yoox.com is a nasty ugly website so I tend not to look at it when it comes up. I found this on there though...

This picture is from the heimstone website, they have an archive of past collections. Can't rembember exactly but I think these are from autumn/winter 08. Lots of nice things.


I seem to have found a world of boutiques selling interesting clothes. They are all quite exciting, I guess I'm excited because I hate going in those kind of shops so I have not really seen this stuff before. I don't really like the idea of being a twenty-something that spends that kind of money in that kind of faggy shop.
I'm going to sit at home and buy it in the online sales.

Here's some more.

people tree They have nice things but are a bit half and half.

etro

henrik vibskov

beyond the valley

No comments:

Post a Comment