Thursday 7 January 2010

oskar socks

The opal sock wool I ordered came, along with some nice bamboo dpns (oooh, knitting jarjon).

It seems after all the trawling the websites I possible bought the two most similar looking patterns. The balls look exactly the same.

'Oskar the dreamer' butterfly and emil who I think might be a lemur, it calls him 'attentive emil'.

I have started knitting with oskar, following silver's tutorial. It seems that according to this the new dpns I bought are too small, although they were recommended on the wool shop, so I guess it's a looser pattern. Luckily I had some the correct size from before, when I did not understand what to do with them.

It took me three goes to cast on right.

I'm on my way now, doing knit 2 purl 2.

Here it is...


I can't help but think it looks quite small. I have followed the instructions so lets just hope it's how it's meant to be. 

And here is the potential sock with an alternative appropriate animal...


No comments:

Post a Comment