Thursday 4 February 2010

sale shopping

I finally got paid, after what feels like about four months. I had £40 for the whole of january. So I couldn't do any sale shopping. A number of the things I had mentioned here were reduced and yet I couldn't buy them. My toast basket was sitting there waiting.

Ant then I finally got paid and pretty much everything was gone. Booo hooo. I told ralph that our christmas fish tank would have to wait until march as "there is only one time a year a can buy things from toast" I think he understood, maybe. But then I was too late, oh no! No flannel djellaba for me...
Also, no perfect velvet dress, wool churidar leggings, wool blanket, long cardigan, double flannel pj bottoms, denim smock, urrgh. Well, I probably couldn't have got them all anyway. Shame.

I did however get the velvet harem trousers, which I'm assuming no one else wanted. They are great.
And a lovely bolster case. I'm a little obsessed with bolster cases.

So in the lack of toast goodies I got some things from asos.
Firstly, the seemingly endless quest to own some wool leggings is now over. I forked out for the humanoid fine wool pair. They are very nice indeed. In trying to find a non-asos picture of them I looked for the first time on their website, oooh, it looks like there is some nice things there. That is for a later date. I think this is the leggings...


And a people tree dress, the fabric is nice, its thick and soft and brown...


I also had a bit of a treat with a paul and joe nail polish and brow stuff, again, I am a grown up lady you see, I need brow stuff. It's very pretty. The polish is not quite the colour that it looked on the shade picture (peril of internet shopping) so I'm a bit sad about that. I was after a kind of pink-mauve-clayey colour. But I emailed asos to tell them that their picture was wrong. Maybe they'll send me goodies now?



I also finally got the futon, which is much less chic, but exciting none the less. We now have a living room.

I recommend the comfy living people for the cheapest futon I could find. Its quite good, I mean for something so simple I cant see how they can cost so much at some places. The lady on the phone was lovely and it had free next day delivery. £119.99 well spent.

My current mission is to find some good wool blankets to 'throw'. It seems they are all as expensive as bears.

No comments:

Post a Comment