Thursday 25 February 2010

when we went to the countryside I came back with a hoof

We went to visit chris and we went for a walk and we found this on the towpath and I said "is there a way to preserve a hoof?" and chris whipped out his leatherman (because in the panic of leaving I left my stockman at home in my handbag when I actually would have been able to make use of it. In my handbag.) and chopped the hide and we pulled the leg and broke off the foot.

This was a deer but only ribs and back legs left. Pretty spectacular sight. Sorry for the gore.


 
Hoof in a tesco bag with moss and soggy wild wool.

In looking up how to deal with the hoof I found this. Wow.


Tells you here how to sort the hoof out. I do not have a special basement fridge so its in the outside toilet. I had to apologise and explain to our friends when they came for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment